Saturday 1 December 2012

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Movie Trailer

Watch here!

I love Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series. Granted, I haven't cracked one open in years nor read beyond book three, but I'm happy with that. I'm not entirely sure that I'll be able to say that I still love the series if I do touch book four. I had been completely content at the time of reading City of Glass in the knowledge that it was the last book in the series. I was pretty pissed when I heard that there was going to be more books, because it meant that the HEA would be fucked up. Authors have got to learn when to stop.




Watching the trailer for City of Bones, I'm inordinantly excited for its release. All the actors are so pretty! And it looks great! Yes, those reasons are superficial and they only pick the best bits for trailers, but do I care? Couldn't give a fig.

I'm very dubious about Jamie Campbell Bower's casting as Jace Wayland. Jace is one of my favourite YA fictional heroes and I would hate to see him decimated. JCB was truly truly shocking as Arthur in Camelot and so it's really no wonder that I'm worried. He'll have the wrath of the YA paranormal romance community at his door if he mucks it up.

Jemima West looks kick-ass as Isabelle. I would have liked to see her for longer in the trailer and maybe hear a line or two, but whatever. Kevin Zegers as Alec is a beautiful thing. His prettiness makes me giddy. I'm loving Jonathan Rhys-Meyer as the baddie. This film had better live up to the awesomeness of its trailer.

Have you read the Mortal Instruments series? What do you think of the trailer? Are you as excited as I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment