Friday 15 June 2012

Once I get the feeling back in my arm ...

... I'll get started on the huge backlog of reviews etc that I have piled up.

I consider myself somewhat of a pro at exams. I've done a lot, most of them quite well; for some perverse reason, I actually enjoy them; and once had a day during GCSEs where I had three in a day. But I don't think I've ever written quite so much as I did today. Three hour tort exam = 15+ pages of writing. I don't think my arm has ever ached quite so much as it did when I finished: from my fingers to my shoulder, it just hurt. Mostly faded now, but there's still a lingering ache.

So glad that exams are over. I only had three, so that was nothing compared to some other people. Still. This is law. I'm looking forward to being able to laze around and actually pick up a book and read it cover to cover without feeling guilty about it. And I have a LOT of exciting stuff lined up to read.

Some admin stuff: I was bad and fiddled around with a few things while I was supposed to be revising. You might not care, but I'll tell you anyway in case there is someone who does:
  • Review Archive: now alphabetically by author. Not sure why I chose to do it by title in the first place, but I prefer it like this. Of course, it now means that it looks like I've reviewed hardly anything (true) because half of the books I have reviewed have been by the lovely Ms. Roberts.
  • About Me: I rejiggled the info, but I'm not sure I like it very much. It'll probably change again soon.
  • Misc: I added some new tags to things. Recipes, from what I can remember.
I promised myself that once my exams were over, I would have a Dollhouse Season 2 marathon. Problem is, I finished watching the last few episodes of season 1 without reviewing them, and I've probably forgotten what happened. So: to review or not to review I'll get back to that.

To be honest, I was planning to do a conclusion to the BGT semi-final review posts, but I just can't be bothered, so I'll just sum it up in a paragraph. I wasn't expecting Ashleigh and Pudsey to win and I'm not entirely sure why they did. I would have loved it to have been Aquabatique, but their performance wasn't that great. IMO, there was no outright winning performance, but I thought Jonathan and Charlotte did best on the night. Real shame that they didn't win.

I think that was everything I had to say. Now brace yourselves for a flurry of posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment