Wednesday 9 May 2012

Britain's Got Talent, Semi-Final 3

I know I'm late, but I'm having to watch these on ITV player as we don't have a TV at our house.

Again, there were two for me tonight: Loveable Rogues and Molly Rainford.

The Loveable Rogues are utterly brilliant. I'm a little disappointed that we didn't hear a different song from the audition, but the lyrics are amazing and so so British. They stepped it up a lot from their first audition and I don't know how they can be so happy. They're really good together, their enthusiasm is infectious and Sonny is just hot. A little bit of a pretty-boy, but hot all the same.




I did like Molly. I'm not crazy on her version of the song, but she's extremely talented and sounds so mature for her age. Plus I want her dress.

The other acts we saw: The Zimmers, Honey, Lucky, Area 51, Twist & Pulse Dance Company and Dennis Egel. Lucky is so creepy, but I loved her choice of songs and the backing dancers really added to that eerie feel. It looked freaky enough from my laptop screen - I can't imagine what it would be like to see in person. I know that T&PDC shouldn't be judged against Twist & Pulse, but I can't help it. They were good, but they were nowhere near as good as Twist & Pulse and I can't help but hold that against them.

I definitely wasn't surprised to see the Loveable Rogues, Molly and T&PDC in the top three, but there was no way that I would have put money on Loveable Rogues winning the public vote. When I saw these three acts on stage, I'd automatically assumed that it would be Molly going through and I started guessing who the judges would choose between the Loveable Rogues and T&PDC. I'm more shocked than they are that they got through - really. I love how unique they are, so I'm really really hoping that they're going to show us something new for the final.

No comments:

Post a Comment