Monday 19 March 2012

University Challenge Final, 2011-2012

Pembroke College, Cambridge v Manchester.

My favourite team of this year's competition, Worcester College Oxford got knocked out at semi-finals, as did UCL who I also loved. Pembroke and Manchester were both fantastic teams all the way through and I did like both of them, but neither were my absolute favourites. If you couldn't already guess, I'm a huge University Challenge fan.

As always, I got a pitiful number of questions right; I'm not going to say how many because it's just shameful, but I was quite pleased with getting The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark which was one of the first questions in the episode. I still haven't finished the book after nearly a year of owning it ... Plus there was a reference to King Arthur with The Lady of Shalott by Lord Alfred Tennyson which I loved.

This was a very very good series with a lot of laughs, UCL and Manchester most notably for coming out with the strangest of answers, yet sometimes correct! Manchester really deserved to win and I can't wait for the next series - maybe Sussex will make it on to the televised episodes!

No comments:

Post a Comment